Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (uncountable) Transmission is the sending of something from one place to another, usually something like electricity, a message or a disease.
- Washing before touching food can prevent the transmission of disease in food and drink.
- The new communication lines and will be able to support data transmission at speeds four times faster than today.
- The National Transmission System is a network of thousands of kilometres of wire.
- (countable) A transmission is a signal, such as TV or radio, that is sent from one place to another.
- Radio stations have promised live transmission from the concert.
- (countable & uncountable) A transmission in a machine is the parts that transfer the engine's movement to the wheels or other moving parts.
- The car comes with a four-speed automatic transmission.