- (UK) IPA: /ˈɹeɪdiˌəʊ/, SAMPA: /"reIdi%@U/
- (US) IPA: /ˈɹeɪdiˌoʊ/, SAMPA: /"reIdi%oU/
Audio (US) (file)
- A radio is piece of electronic equipment that sends or receives signals though the air and plays voice, music, or other sounds.
- I used to carry a small radio, but now I have an MP3 player.
- When I'm in the car, I usually listen to the radio.
- The news will be on the radio in about five minutes.
- CBC 99.1 FM is my favorite radio station.
- The pilot tried to contact the airport over the radio.
- (transitive & intransitive) If you radio someone, you send a message to them using a radio.
- (transitive & intransitive) If you radio a message, you send it to someone using a radio.