- Hyphenation: trans‧fer
- (US) enPR: trănsfûrʹ, IPA (key): /trænsˈfɚ/ or /ˈtræns.fɚ/
- (UK) IPA (key): /trɑːnsˈfɜː/ or /trænsˈfɜː/
Audio (US) (file) Audio (UK) (file)
- (US) enPR: 'trănsfûr, IPA (key): /ˈtræns.fɚ/
- (UK) IPA (key): /ˈtrɑːns.fɜː/ or /ˈtræns.fɜː/
Audio (US) (file)
- (transitive & intransitive) If you transfer (something), you move (it) to a different place.
- After he became the top salesman he was transferred to the head office.
- If you learn to be organized in the classroom, then you can transfer that skill to your career later on.
- We dug up the tree and transferred it to the front of the house.