Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (countable) A mate is someone you do something with.
- Nils, my tent mate, was from the same elementary school in the city.
- (countable); (informal); (UK, Australian) A mate is a friend, usually male.
- I'm meeting my mates later, after work.
- The two of them are best mates.
- What can I do for you, mate?
- (countable) A mate is an animal's sexual partner.
- The zoo has been having trouble getting a mate for the panda.
- (countable) A mate is a person's husband or wife.
- (countable) A mate is the other member of a matched pair of objects.
- (countable) A drink made from yerba mate.
- (intransitive) In animals, to have sex.
- The monkeys were going to mate.
- The female shows she's ready to mate by showing her red bottom to the male.
- (transitive) To match two things together.
- That morning when they tried to mate her with our bull, she had no idea what to do.