Jump to navigation Jump to search
- enPR: tāk, IPA (key): /teɪk/ or [tʰeɪ̯k]
- SAMPA: /teIk/
Audio (UK) (file) Audio (US) (file) Audio (AU) (file) Audio (file)
Third person singular
- (transitive) If you take an action, you do it.
- I took a walk with my dog. = I walked with my dog.
- I'm going to take a rest. = I'm going to rest.
- I go out after I take a shower. = I'll go out after I shower.
- (transitive) If you take something or someone, you bring them from one place to another.
- I don't want this. Can you take it away, please?
- My son was sick, so I took him to the doctor.
- (transitive) If takes money, time, etc., you need to use that for .
- If we go to your house, it will take one hour.
- That was fun, and it didn't take too much money.
- A person's take is his view of something.
- What is your take on that recent movie? Did you enjoy it?
- A take is the reward or profit you get from doing something.
- If help you with this task, I [[[demand]] you give me part of your take.
- A take is part of a performance which is recorded without a break.
- The director was not happy with the first take, so we had to do it again.