Jump to navigation Jump to search
- If something is tough, it is difficult, not easy.
- It's important to stay healthy when the going gets tough.
- It was a tough decision, but I think she make the right choice.
- The weather makes the overall competition tougher.
- The wood was tough to break.
- If something is tough, it doesn't change or move easily; it's not soft.
- The government is taking a tough stance on crime.
- The public wants tougher enforcement of these laws.
- The meat was really tough.
- She was a tough, smart businesswoman.
- If something is tough, it is not nice to experience.
- He should get the toughest penalty possible for this killing.
- If a person is tough, they are strong and may often fight.
- He was an older guy, truly tough with huge arms and a gold cross chain.
- We looked pretty tough on our motorcycles.