Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (UK) enPR: smōk, IPA (key): /sməʊk/
- (US) enPR: smōk, IPA (key): /smoʊk/
Audio (US) (file) Audio (file)
- (uncountable) Smoke is the gray or black substance that goes up into the air when something burns.
- The smoke from that factory is making me sick.
- (slang); (countable) A cigarette.
- (uncountable) A light grey colour tinted with blue.
- (transitive & intransitive) If somebody is smoking, they are breathing in smoke, usually from a cigarette.
- Excuse me, you can't smoke in the restaurant.
- (intransitive) If something is smoking, it is making smoke.
- The fire's still smoking. You'd better put some more water on it.