Jump to navigation Jump to search
- slip is part of the Basic English 850.
Audio (US) (file)
- (intransitive) When something slides, or moves a small distance while touching what it's on, we say it slips.
- The hat slipped down until it covered her eyes.
- (intransitive) When someone or something moves without wanting to move, we say it slips.
- (intransitive) When someone moves quickly and quietly so that other people won't see them move, we say the person slips.
- I slipped into the kitchen to start washing dishes while people were talking.
- (countable) A slip is a small mistake.
- (countable) A slip is a piece of clothing like a small white skirt, that a woman sometimes wears hidden under her skirt or dress.
- (countable) A slip is a small piece of paper.