- (countable) A hat is a piece of clothing that you wear on your head.
- A poke bonnet is an old-fahioned woman's hat that covers the hair and shades the face with a rim.
- Please take off your hat when you enter the church.
- Men remove their hats when entering a church.
- Women's hats are sold in a special store called a milliner's shop or a millinery.
- Men's hats are sold in a special store called a haberdashery.
A poke bonnet is an old-fashioned woman's hat.
Abraham Lincoln wearing a top hat
Texas cowboys wearing cowboy hats
The Mad Hatter (right) in Alice in Wonderland