Jump to navigation Jump to search
- A straight edge of an object.
- A square has four sides.
- The left part or the right part of something.
- An area with respect to something else.
- One surface of a sheet of paper.
- Please write on both sides of the paper.
- One possible aspect of a concept (usually positive or negative).
- On the plus side, my car is fixed.
- Try not to look at the down side of things.
- One group of players in a game.
- Which side is winning?
- A person or group with a particular allegiance in a conflict or competition.
- In the second world war, the Italians were on the side of the Germans.
- (UK) A television channel, usually as opposed to the one currently being watched.
- I just want to see what's on the other side — James said there was a good film on tonight.
- (US) A side dish of food.
- Do you want a side of french fries with your hamburger?
- (usually with "with") To be in an alliance with.
- Who will you side with, Bob or Rachel?