Jump to content
- (countable) A scene is a place where something happened.
- Police found a gun near the crime scene.
- Reporters arrived at the scene of the shooting shortly after 2:00.
- (countable) A scene is one part of a movie or play where the action happens at one time in one place.
- Who could forget the amazing opening scene of Star Wars?
- The movie's sex scene was so bad that half of it was cut.
- His role was so small he appeared in only one scene in act five.
- The Mad Scene in "Lucia di Lammermoor" is a great moment in opera.
- (countable) A scene is the public activities of a group of people with a common interest, such as music, politics, etc.
- For more than a decade, she dominated the fashion scene.
- Many of those Lakers fans are celebrities from L.A's movie and music scenes.
- Colin Farrell burst on to the scene as one of the baddest boys since Jack Nicholson.
- If something happens behind the scenes, it happens out of sight, in secret.
- It's hard to know what went on behind the scenes.
- (countable) A scene is a view of a place, especially in art.
- The photo was a street scene out of New York.
- (countable) A scene is a loud, public argument or demonstration.