Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (UK) enPR: âʼrĭ-ə; IPA (key): /ˈɛə.rɪ.ə/ or [ˈɛə̯.rɪ.ə̯]
- (US) enPR: ârʼē-ə; IPA (key): /ˈɛɚ.i.ə/
Audio (US) (file)
- (countable) An area is a piece of land or space.
- This is the business area of town.
- We have chosen a large forest area for the new park.
- (countable) An area of study is a special subject, such as mathematics, grammar, music, or biology.
- Economics is quite interesting, but my area is more related to politics.
- (countable) The area of a surface, is the size of the surface.
- The length is 10 cm and the width is 5 cm, so the area is 50 .