Jump to navigation Jump to search
- A sack is a bag used to hold things.
- She opened the brown paper sack and put the shopping in it.
- (uncountable) To sack is to plunder and pillage a captured town or city.
- The sack of Rome.
- The sack is a slang word for bed.
- I'm tired. I think I'll hit the sack and get some sleep.
- If the company sacks you, they end your job; they fire you.
- Phil was sacked last week, and I think they will get rid of more people soon.
- To plunder or pillage a captured town or city.
- The barbarians sacked Rome.