Jump to navigation Jump to search
- reward is part of the Basic English 850.
- (countable) A reward is something good that is given after an act.
- He gave the dog a small thing to eat to reward it for sitting still.
- I got extra money as a reward for working hard.
- (countable) A reward is a prize that is given for doing certain things.
- (countable) A reward is the result of an action, no matter if it is good or bad.
- (old, no longer used); (transitive) If you reward someone, you give something to them as a reward.
- (transitive) If you reward someone, you give a reward to or for.
- Why did you reward the kid for not behaving?
- (transitive) If you reward, you recompense them.