- (uncountable) If something is in balance, it is has equal amounts all around.
- She was walking on a thin line, but lost her balance and fell down.
- This plan has a good balance of new and old ideas.
- (countable & uncountable) The balance in your bank account is the amount of money you have in the account.
- A type of scale where there are two parts.
- (transitive & intransitive) If you balance something, you make it have equal amounts all around.
- The bird balanced easily on the wire for a few moments before flying off.
- A good manager has to balance the costs and benefits of doing business.