Jump to navigation Jump to search
- If you rescue someone, you save them from any violence, emergency, or evil.
- The lifeguard jumped into the swimming pool to rescue the drowning woman.
- If you rescue someone, you free them from a prison or some other physical restraint.
- After capturing the enemy army, they rescued the prisoners.
- If you rescue something, you take it back using force.
- (save from violence/emergency): free, deliver
- (free from being confined): liberate, release
- (free from being restrained): release, unshackle
- (take it back using force): recapture, retake
- (all senses): abandon, ignore
- (save from violence/emergency): imperil, endanger
- (free from being confined): enslave, incarcerate
- (free from being restrained): bind, constrict, hamper, inhibit, obstruct
- (take by using force): kidnap