Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (US) IPA (key): /prəˈmoʊʃən/
- (UK) IPA (key): /prəˈməʊʃən/
Audio (US) (file)
- Hyphenation: en‧pro‧mo‧tion
- (countable) If you get a promotion you move up in rank or position.
- Antonym: demotion
- He received a promotion to sergeant.
- I got a promotion last week from branch manager to regional manager.
- (countable & uncountable), (marketing) A promotion gives out information about a product, product line, brand, or company.
- The store has a special promotion this week on two-for-one pizzas.