Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (countable) Power or control over something, as distinct from lawful ownership; holding or occupancy.
- (uncountable) Ownership of something.
- (countable) Something that is owned.
- These are my possessions.
- (countable) A territory that is under the rule of another country.
- (uncountable) Possession is when a person's body is controlled by a demon or other supernatural being.
- Exorcism is a movie about possession.
- (uncountable) (sports) In sports, possession is control of the ball.
- Real Madrid now has possession of the ball and is trying to score.