Jump to navigation Jump to search
- out is part of the Basic English 850.
- Something that is out is not in.
- Polly opened the door and went out.
- If something using electricity is out, it is turned off or the electricity is not flowing..
- Turn the light out before you leave.
- The power's out so nothing's working.
- I'm trying to find which light went out.
- Oh, no! The fire's gone out again.
- Something that moves out moves from the inside to a place that is not inside.
- He took the pen out of his pocket.
- Please, close the door as you go out.
- If you walk out that door, you can't come back.
- The car stopped and out came two men.
- far away
- We live out in the country.
- He's about half an hour out of Toronto.
- If someone is out, they are not in the place where someone is looking for them.
- You can't see the doctor now. He is out.
- to a number of people
- We'll give out the books after everyone has arrived.
- Don't throw that out. I'm still using it.
- If something is out, you can look at or see it.
- the sun is out
- the flowers are out
- If something comes out of something, it comes from it.
- If something is out, it is available for sale.
- If something is out, it is not in fashion.
- If someone is out, they are not conscious.
- If a you are out of something, you had it before but you've used or sold all of it.
- If is made out of , is the material that is made of.
- (sports) If someone is prevented from scoring in baseball, they make an out.
- There were two men on base and two outs.
- A way to escape is an out.
- (way to escape) escape route