Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (countable & uncountable) A fashion is a style, often clothing, that is popular at a particular time and place.
- The fashion was for men to have long hair.
- At 62, he drives a small old car, and doesn't follow fashion trends.
- The models in their fancy fashions walked past the rich women in their seats.
- (countable) A fashion is a way or manner.
- It's a good idea to pay what you owe in a timely fashion.
- I could see that she had made the list in her typical well-organized fashion.
- Hockey players fight all the time, but football players rarely act in a similar fashion.
- (uncountable) The fashion business is the business of designing and making clothes.
- Lagerfeld is the current designer for the Chanel fashion house.
- Women who wanted to wear modern styles had them copied from Western fashion magazines by local dressmakers.
- (transitive) If you fashion something, you design and make it, usually by hand.
- He makes beautiful art fashioned from simple things he gets from the garbage.