Jump to navigation Jump to search
- oil is part of the Basic English 850.
- (countable & uncountable) Oil is a liquid that is burned to create heat or used in machines to make them run well.
- Synonym: petroleum
- (countable & uncountable) Oil is a liquid made of fat that is used for cooking.
- Synonym: grease
- Cook the potatoes in oil.
- (countable) An oil is a painting made of oil paint.
Related words and phrases[change]
- (transitive) If you oil something, you put clear oil on a machine to make it run well.
- She oiled the parts of the gun.