Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (US) IPA (key): /ɑkjʊˈpeɪʃən/ or /ɑkjəˈpeɪʃən/
- (UK) IPA (key): /ɒkjʊˈpeɪʃən/ or /ɒkjəˈpeɪʃən/
en-us-occupation.ogg 175px (file)
- (countable) An occupation is a job or a career.
- Nursing has been described as a skilled occupation rather than a profession.
- (countable & uncountable) An occupation is when a people, especially an army, take over and stay in a country, area, building, etc.
- Synonym: occupancy
- Everything he owned was taken during the German occupation of Paris in 1940.
- The areas under occupation contained rich farm lands as well as the industrialized sectors of Russian Poland.
- The house on the hill had no lights and no signs of occupation.
- (countable) An occupation is a hobby or something else that you do to pass the time.
- Synonym: pastime
- Her favorite occupation is reading.