Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (uncountable) (linguistics) A part of the grammar of a language. Morphology is the rules for putting parts of words together to make a whole word.
- English morphology is easier than German morphology.
- The linguist studied the morphology of many languages.
- The child had a problem with morphology after his head was hurt.
- The study of morphology is has to do with parts of words called morphemes.
- (uncountable) (biology) The study of how animals and plants are shaped.
- The morphology of insects has three body pieces and six legs.
- (uncountable) Morphology is or the study of shape in some other sciences, such as in geology or astronomy.
- Rock morphology gives us clues about Earth's history.
- (countable) A morphology is the shape of something in general.
- The morphologies of the different rocks tells us about how thing were when they were made.
- Insects have very different morphologies than mammals.