- (US) enPR: jē-ŏlʹə-jē, IPA (key): /d͡ʒiˈɑl.ə.dʒi/
- (UK) IPA (key): /d͡ʒɪˈɒl.ə.d͡ʒɪ/
Audio (US) (file)
- Hyphenation: ge‧o‧lo‧gy
- (countable & uncountable) Geology is the science that studies the earth. In geology you might learn about how mountains are made or how continents move. This is sometimes used for similar things on other planets.
- Geology is not required for most students.
- The geologies of different types of mountains tell why they look different.
- The geology of Mars is different from that of Earth because Mars does not have a liquid center.