Jump to navigation Jump to search
- IPA (key): /ˈbætəri/ or /ˈbætri/
Audio (UK) (file) Audio (US) (file)
- Hyphenation: bat‧te‧ry
- (countable) A battery is a device for storing or keeping electricity. Batteries are used to power flashlights, laptop computers, cell phones, and many other devices.
- I put a new battery in the flashlight.
- I threw away the old, dead battery.
- (countable) (artillery) A battery is a coordinated group of artillery weapons.
- (uncountable) (law) Battery is the act of hitting or striking a person.
- My brother was sent to jail for assault and battery.