Jump to navigation
Jump to search
- if is part of the Basic English 850.
- If is used in a condition:
- When something will cause something else
- If it rains, I will get wet.
- When a condition is not true
- I'd prefer it if you took your shoes off.
- He was a great friend, if a little strange.
- When ... occurs (a programming statement).
- If A, then B, else C.
- If is used to report questions and things that are unknown.
- She asked if they had arrived yet.
- I don't know if I want to go or not.
- If is a conditional situation.
- There are many ifs we need to consider before we start on the plan.