- (UK) enPR: /gā/, IPA: /geɪ/, SAMPA: /geI/
- (US) enPR: /gā/, IPA: /geɪ/, SAMPA: /geI/
Audio (US) (file)
- (can be offensive) A gay person is usually a man sexually attracted to males; also a woman attracted to females.
- Synonym: homosexual
- Gay marriage used to be impossible, but it's becoming more common.
- (offensive) Stupid, not cool.
- This game is gay. Let's play something else.
- (old, no longer used) Happy or cheerful.
- I'm very gay today!
- (old, no longer used) Colorful, festive or bright.
- Don we now our gay apparel....
- (informal) A homosexual person. This is usually a man, but could be a woman (lesbian).
- The gays were marching in protest yesterday.