Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (countable) A charity is an organisation that collects money or goods and uses them to help poor or sick people, often with the help of volunteers.
- The group, a Catholic charity that runs schools on Indian reservations, collected nearly $17 million from the public.
- The party was a charity event that raised over $400,000 to fight breast cancer.
- The money was given away to local charities.
- (uncountable) Charity is the work of helping the poor and the sick.
- All the money raised goes to charity.
- (uncountable) Charity is the money, goods, or help that people give to the poor and the sick.
- Our family was poor, but my mother would never accept charity.
- (uncountable) Charity is the quality of being kind, thoughtful, and helpful.
- He led a life of charity.