Jump to navigation Jump to search
- enPR: /fīnăns/
- IPA (key): /ˈfaɪnæns/ or /faɪˈnæns/ or /fɪˈnæns/
Audio (UK) (file)
- Hyphenation: fi‧nance
- (uncountable) Finance is activities related to banking and money, especially by government.
- The minister of finance announced that taxes would increase by 1% in May.
- (plural) Your finances is the money that you have.
- She had managed to raise sufficient finances to enable her and her family to travel to Australia.
- The company's finances seem to be in good shape.
- (transitive) If you finance something, you provide money for it.
- The soccer team was partly financed by a local business.
- The bank is financing our car loan.