Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (UK) enPR: fâʹrĭ, IPA (key): /ˈfɛəri/ or /ˈfɛərɪ/
- (US) enPR: fĕʹrē, IPA (key): /ˈfɛri/
- (AU) IPA (key): /ˈfeːri/
Audio (US) (file)
- Homophone: ferry
- (fiction) (folklore) (mythology) A type of human-like being with magical powers. In modern stories fairies are small with insect-like wings. In older stories they were human-size and very powerful, and sometimes dangerous.
- A fairy granted then each a wish.
- Some people say fairies live beneath the hills in Ireland.
- (slang) (offensive) A homosexual man, usually one who is very feminine.
- I'm not sure that fairy even knows he's male.