Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (UK) enPR: fâʹrĭ, IPA: /ˈfɛəri/ or /ˈfɛərɪ/
- (US) enPR: fĕʹrē, IPA: /ˈfɛri/
- (North England) IPA: /ˈfɛːrɪ/
Audio (US) (file)
- (fiction, folklore, or mythology) A type of human-like being with magical powers. In modern stories fairies are small with insect-like wings. In older stories they were human-size and very powerful, and sometimes dangerous.
- A fairy granted then each a wish.
- Some people say fairies live beneath the hills in Ireland.
- (slang), (very offensive) A homosexual man, usually one who is very feminine.
- I'm not sure that fairy even knows he's male.