Jump to navigation Jump to search
Extract is part of the Academic Word List. It is important for students in college and university.
Audio (US) (file)
- (countable & uncountable) An extract is something that has been taken out of something else, usually something that it was part of.
- Just because a cream contains plant extracts doesn't mean it's good for your skin.
- I'll read a short extract from his speech.
- Many scientists were interested in other tissue extracts.
- (transitive) If you extract something, you take it out of something else.
- Computers are becoming more useful in helping us extract useful information from the data.
- The dentist will have to extract two of my teeth.
- The roots of the plant extract water from the earth.