Jump to navigation Jump to search
Insert is part of the Academic Word List. It is important for students in college and university.
- (transitive) to put something into something else
- The company inserted a new clause into the contract.
- Insert a wood screw into each hole.
- Doctors removed part of his brain and inserted a silver plate.
- A song was inserted into the opening ceremonies.
- An insert is something that is put into something else.
- The bathing suit top comes with foam inserts to make your breasts look bigger.
- The three-page advertisement was included as an insert in today's newspaper.