Audio (US) (file)
- (countable) A season is a particular time of year with a particular kind of weather, usually spring, summer, fall, and winter, or rainy season and dry season.
- (countable) A season is a particular time of year when certain activities happen.
- The theatrical season lasts from early autumn to late spring.
- Taite was out for much of last season after injuring his ankle in the season opener.
- The holiday shopping season, which begins in November, is always a busy time for the shops.
- Ear infections most commonly occur in the winter cold and flu season.
- The Ravens had sold all but 850 of their 57,000 season tickets for this season in Memorial Stadium.
- Maine's hunting season ends the Saturday after Thanksgiving.
- Your apple harvest season can stretch as long as three or four months.
- She said this week traditionally is one of the busiest in the tourist season, when 100,000 visitors usually come here.
- (transitive) If you season food, you add salt, or other spices to it.
- Place meat in the bottom of a large oven-safe dish, seasoning each layer with salt and pepper.