Display is part of the Academic Word List. It is important for students in college and university.
- A display is an exhibition, an arrangement, or a show.
- Mom thought the department store's display of lingerie was indecent.
- Little Jimmie toppled the display of model airplanes.
- The ceramic, wood, and fabric art displays are very attractive.
- Too many displays will confuse our customers.
- A display is a computer screen.
- The output is visible on the display.
- If you display something, you arrange it so that people can see it. Display means to exhibit, or to show.
- The players will display their best skills at tonight's game.
- Tom displays his best skills at all times.
- The players displayed their best skills last night.
- Try displaying your best skills at tonight's game.