Monitor is part of the Academic Word List. It is important for students in college and university.
- (countable) A monitor is part of a computer or other similar machine, and it looks like a TV.
- The engineers stood around the monitor making suggesting about how the drawing could be improved.
- (countable) A monitor is a person or group whose job is to watch for problems, changes, etc.
- During the test, a monitor caught me copying off the guy sitting next to me.
- (countable) A monitor is a speaker that helps musicians hear what they are playing or helps people listen to an area that they are interested in.
- We put the baby to sleep, closed the door, and turned on the monitor in the kitchen.
- If you monitor something, you watch or listen to it for problems, changes, etc.
- The army was sent in to monitor the police.
- Parents should monitor their children's computer use.