Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (countable); (technology) A screen is a flat surface for showing pictures, text or video.
- The information appears on the computer screen almost right away.
- I couldn't see the movie because the person in front of me was blocking the screen.
- (countable) A screen is a flat surface between two areas, often letting something in but keeping something out.
- The hole in the window screen let the bugs in.
- There was a screen around my hospital bed.
- If you screen blood, people, information, etc., you find or block unwanted things.
- They carefully screen the blood for viruses before giving it to hospitals.
- He put on a hat to screen his eyes from the sun.
- If you screen a movie, a TV show, etc., you put it on a screen.
- They screened the new movie for the press last week.