Differentiation is part of the Academic Word List. It is important for students in college and university.
- (uncountable) Differentiation finding or showing the differences between things.
- In the shop, there was no differentiation between product from Asia and product from Europe.
- (uncountable) Differentiation is the process of becoming or making something different.
- As the cells grow and divide, differentiation takes place. You can begin to see some as muscle cells, some as blood cells, etc.
- (uncountable) Differentiation is acting different towards different people or situations.
- Schools tend to have little formal curricular differentiation between the sexes, except in physical education.
- (uncountable); (mathematics) Differentiation is the process of obtaining the derivative of a function.