Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (UK) IPA (key): /kraʊn/, SAMPA: /kraUn/
- (US) enPR: kroun, IPA (key): /kroʊn/, SAMPA: /kroUn/
Audio (CAN) (file)
- (countable) A crown is a round-shaped ring that kings and queens wear on the head. It is made of expensive metals. It might have jewels too.
- The queen wore a fancy crown.
- (countable) The crown is the position of a sovereign (in a monarchy).
- The top part of the head.
- (dentistry) A prosthetic covering for a tooth.
- To put a crown on someone's head.
- To formally announce the new king or emperor.
- After the death of the old king, the new king was crowned.
- To declare the winner.
- (medicine) During birth, when the baby's head is seen in the mother's vaginal opening.
- The mother was in the second stage of labor and the baby had just crowned, so the midwives encouraged her.