Jump to navigation Jump to search
- friend is part of the Basic English 850.
- (countable) Two people are friends of each other if they like being together and they like helping each other, but are not related.
- Antonym: enemy
- I only have three close friends.
- She's been a friend of mine for many years.
- Some friends are coming to our house for dinner tonight.
- I stayed awake until the middle of the night talking with some friends.
- Our house burned down, but some friends helped us build a new one.