||This page or section needs to be cleaned up.|
- (countable) One related by blood or origin with another, especially a person sharing an ancestor with another.
- (countable) A word related to one in another language.
- Related by blood; having a common ancestor.
- Related in origin, as certain words in genetically related languages descended from the same ancestral root; for example, English name and Latin nmen from Indo-European *n-men-.
- Related or analogous in nature, character, or function.