Jump to navigation Jump to search
- root is part of the Basic English 850.
- A root is a part of a tree or plant that is under the ground.
- The tree was supported by strong roots.
- A root is the important part or the beginning part of something.
- (transitive) To root is to give or enable to something to develop roots; to fix or implant by or as if by roots
- (transitive) To root is to remove altogether by or as if by pulling out by the roots - usually used with out
- The school authorities will root out the troublemakers.
- (intransitive) To root is to grow roots or take root.
- (intransitive) To root is to have an origin or base.
- The love of money has its roots in greed.