Jump to navigation Jump to search
- An ancestor is a person from whom one is descended . A very similar word is forebear.
- We get our customs from our ancestors.
- Entire species of plants or animals may have ancestor species from which they evolution.
- It is thought that an extinct group of apes was the ancestor of the human race.
- ↑ Shorter Oxford English Dictionary, p63; The Pocket Oxford English Dictionary, 9th ed, ed. Oxford; New York: Oxford University Press, 2002, p. 29). Usually it refers to a remote person, rather than the immediate parents or grandparents (Concise Oxford Dictionary, p45, gives "esp. remote")