Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (UK) enPR: bōt, IPA (key): /bəʊt/, SAMPA: /b@Ut/
- (US) enPR: bōt, IPA (key): /boʊt/, SAMPA: /boUt/
Audio (US) (file)
- (vehicle) (countable) A boat is a vehicle used to travel on water.
- At the lake, the children learn about fishing and boat safety.
- The waves rocked the boat back and forth.
- I took the old man's hand, stepped down from the dock into the yellow boat.
- We got wet on the boat ride.
- We sailed the wooden boats by the side of the pool, the kids holding the strings.
- He looked around and spotted the boat drifting away.
- We left the hotel and quickly got aboard the boat.
A boat with a sail
- To travel by boat.
Types of boats[change]
- dugout (canoe)