Jump to navigation Jump to search
- sail is part of the Basic English 850.
Audio (US) (file)
- (countable) A sail is a large piece of fabric (cloth) to catch wind, used on a boat or a ship.
- They folded the sail.
- (intransitive) If you sail, you move by catching the wind, usually by ship on water.
- They sail around the world every year in their boat.
- (transitive & intransitive) If you sail, you travel on a boat or ship.
- We sailed across the Atlantic to reach Spain.
- We sailed the ship to the east of the island.