- A bear is a big animal with a short tail. They either eat only meat or meat and plants. There are many different types of bears, for example brown bears and polar bears.
- Polar bears are white.
- Grizzly bears live in North America.
Third person singular
- (transitive) If bears , holds up.
- (transitive) If someone bears something bad, they accept it or deal with it.
- (transitive) (usually passive) If a baby is born, it comes out of its mother.
- The woman bore a little boy.
- He was born on October 22, 1983.
- (transitive) (usually passive) If something is born, it is newly created.
- This idea was born out of boredom.
- (transitive) If something bears fruit, flowers, etc., it grows them.
- This apple tree is 100 years old, it does not bear apples anymore.
- (transitive) If bears , holds on the surface.