Jump to navigation Jump to search
Audio (US) (file)
- (intransitive) If you struggle to do something difficult, you work very hard to do it.
- They struggled to survive in New York City on $25,000 a year.
- She struggled to her feet after being hit by the bicycle.
- The company is struggling to maintain the same level of profits.
- She wrote about struggling to balance motherhood, work and love.
- The fishermen struggled against the powerful winds and high waves that had come in with a late-night storm.
- (countable) A struggle is a fight, often long and hard, or needing a lot of effort.
- As long as they are not willing to make peace, there will be armed struggle.
- Nature is really an ongoing struggle for survival.
- The fighting has been mainly a power struggle between these two groups.
- This has been part of life in Indonesia since its struggle against the Dutch for independence.
- They had become deeply involved in the people's struggle for freedom and democracy.
- They are already engaged in a power struggle for control of the post-American Iraq.
- The basis of most movies is a struggle between good guys and bad guys.