Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (countable) A challenge is something difficult that you want or have to do.
- Many churches overseas are struggling to meet the AIDS challenge.
- After 25 years in the same job, this move will allow me to take on new challenges.
- (countable) A challenge is an offer to compete or fight.
- The president issued a challenge to his critics to appear in a public debate.
- (transitive) If you challenge somebody, you give them something very difficult to do.
- The job challenges his computer skills.
- (transitive) If you challenge somebody, you offer to compete or fight.
- He challenged me to a game of chess.