This symbol is called an "exclamation point" or an "exclamation mark".
- An exclamation mark used to show excitement, surprise or anger.
- Ouch! Help! I am hurt!
- Children's rhyme: "The interjection cries out: 'Hark! I need an exclaimation mark!'"
- c.1649 A Fiery Flying Roll by Abiezer Coppe: "And now (my dearest ones!) every one under the Sun..."
- (symbol) Used by itself as a sign to make you notice something, such as something that is dangerous or something that has gone wrong.
- (computing) In computing, it usually represents a Boolean not.
- "if !x" means "if not x"
- (mathematics) factorial
- 5! = 5 × 4 × 3 × 2 × 1
- "five factorial equals…"
|Punctuation marks (edit)|