- (UK) IPA (key): /ˈkwɛstʃ(ə)n ˌmɑːk/
- (US) IPA (key): /ˈkwɛstʃ(ə)n ˌmɑrk/ or /ˈkwɛʃ-/
Audio (US) (file)
- Hyphenation: quest‧ion mark
- A question mark is the character ? used at the end of a sentence to mean this sentence is waiting for an answer.
- In English the question mark appears immediately after the last word of the sentence, but in French a space between is needed.
- (metaphorical) A question mark can also stand for a question or a doubt, something uncertain or unknown.
- He had no idea what she was thinking; it was one big question mark.
|Punctuation marks (edit)|