Jump to navigation Jump to search
- On a computer keyboard, a dash is a horizontal bar that looks like "-" or "—".
- There are many different types of dashes that you can type on a keyboard.
- A dash can mean a short run.
- I got last place in the 100-meter dash because I tripped on a rock.
- A dash is sometimes short for a dashboard.
- Someone dropped a brick through the car's windshield and onto the dash.
- A dash is a very small amount in cooking.
- Put a dash of salt in the soup.
- (intransitive) To dash is to run fast for a short distance
- When he heard there was ice cream he dashed off towards it.
- (transitive) If your hopes, dreams, or expectations were ruined, disappointed, or destroyed, they were dashed.
- Her hopes for a beautiful wedding day were dashed when dark clouds gathered in the sky.
- My dreams of a happy, quiet home were dashed when my mother in law moved in with us.
- (transitive) To dash can be to sprinkle or spray.
- She dashed her soup with too much pepper.